It is a humbling experience to be a military wife. It seems boxes never stay unpacked for too long, before items and “life” collected in the current geographical location get dumped inside, taped up, and shipped off to a new location. From coast to coast, marsh to desert, oasis to the average, to the pits.
It’s that time again for us, – yes, if this sounds like deja vu, you are correct. We just moved three months ago – but this time, big news is attached.
THIS IS THE LAST TIME WE ARE MOVING DUE TO THE MILITARY!
My wonderful husband is being honorably discharged from the United States Marine Corps, and thus starts the adventure of our “normal” married life. Though we are not house-hunting or job-searching virgins, this move brings on a whole new meaning to life, and I can sum it up in one word: SETTLE! Not “settle” as in accepting something of lower value, but being “settled” in a certain city, seeing businesses close and new ones reopening in the same location. Saying to our kids, “I remember when we planted that now fifteen-foot tree.”
Among the list of things I’m most excited for are:
– CITY LIFE. Not much explanation needed. (Typed while sitting in a house in the middle of no where, on the water, away from civilization. That noise is my internet fizzling in and out.)
– Night life. Oh, to live in a city that never sleeps, or one that at least has a very late bedtime. Ever since I moved out of my parents house, I’ve lived in towns that roll up the sidewalks at 6 or 9 PM. Enough is enough!
– Creating “our” life in a house we choose to buy. Not living in base-issued housing, not seeing “high and tight” haircuts, not feeling fake when I absolutely CRINGE and say “Sir” or “Ma’am.”
– Finding a job in my career field again, which leads to much much happiness for me.
– Watching my husband flourish and grow as he finishes college and pursues the passions of his heart.
– Coffee shops, boutiques, and clusters of people.
– Attending the church of our dreams. It’s a BIG one, and the worshipping is AH-MA-ZING!
Wish us luck on our new adventure. God has only the greatest in store for us right around the corner (and for you, too!). Oh, I forgot to mention, we’ll be out of here in a few days!
Bon voyage to us!